Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Simple Pleasures

There are certain things in the Red Sox that Katie and I just find, well, amazing.
I like to refer to these things as our "Simple Pleasures."
Behind the cut, you shall find this list, with a few pictures to illustrate my point.


1. Pap's Commercials
Dunkin Donuts, Modell's, 125 Auto... Pap seems to be the one to pick when it comes to having a Red Sox endorse your product. I have decided that the winner in this contest of the best Pap Performance has to go to his new Dunkin' ad.However, I can't find it on YouTube, so here's his absolutely STELLAR performance in his 125 Auto ad:



2. Tek's thighs.
Now, I know that this made be an odd thing for someone to find awesome. Those people have obviously never seen Tek's thighs (See also Number7):



3. Dice-K's pitching wiggle
Honestly, watch Dice-K's pitch very closely next time. His lower half does this little wiggle before he pitches. It's not HIGHLY noticeable, but if you're looking you'll see it.

4. Dustin's most recent stubble.
He is clearly trying to look older. Awww, that's precious. He wants to be like one of the big boys.
(I couldn't find a picture of this, but if he doesn't shave for tomorrow's game, I'm sure I can get one =D )

5. Jacoby's one-sleeve
Last season Jacoby's one-sleeve was a major mystery. Did he have a strange birthmark? Embarrassing tattoo? Was he shooting up heroin in between games? Apparently not. It's just an arm-warmer. Something about the fact that he just doesn't want to wear an extra shirt is quite, umm, interesting ;-).



6. Lowell's eyebrows
Ok, this is a common source of affection. Everyone loves Lowell's eyebrows because they are clearly magical.


7. Jon Lester's Sweet Ass
We are not fangirls. Really. We don't simply like players because they're good looking/popular/super famous. We like everyone. But honestly, honestly you can not ignore Jon Lester's mighty fine ass. That is all. (ED. NOTE: This is mostly Katie. I can't help but agree, but this one is mostly Katie =D )



8. Johnny Pesky
Whenever I see him I smile. He's amazing. He is essentially my favorite person in the world. When he smiles, I smile. He cries? I cry. It is that simple. And when David Ortiz envelopes him and that ridiculous bear hug, Manny Ramirez kisses his cheek, or resident King of Niceness Tim Wakefield walks him across the field like his own grandfather it just makes my heart smile. I firmly believe that Johnny Pesky brings out the awesome in the world. (ED NOTE: This one is all Katie again. Not that I don't heart Pesky, but this is all Katie =P )



9. The speech patterns of the Sox.
Jacoby says ummm, ya know, and generally stumbles. Dustin says umm sometimes more than Jacoby. And Beckett often parallels the mouth of a sailor. Either way, the post game, locker interviews are some of the most golden pieces of Red Sox footage.
Key phrases:
"I don't make those fucking decisions."
"...Execute fucking pitches."
"and, ummm...."
"we just have to, you know, ..."

10. Clay and his frog-resemblance.
But it's a cute froggie. The kind you find in your back yard and want to keep in a jar with little holes in the lid. He also looks like he should be a high school freshman. You know, back when he was stealing laptops. Or at least being the look-out for other people stealing laptops.


1 comment:

Katiee said...

he got promoted to 10th grade YAY!